Who We Are?
Rapid Novor Inc is a Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada based biotech company dedicated to developing unparalleled analytical technologies to significantly improve early stage drug research and development in the bio-pharmaceutical sector. Specializing in the field of mass spectrometry-based proteomics, the Novor team provides antibody protein sequencing solutions to researchers in pharmaceutical companies, contract research organizations and academic research institutions around the globe. We efficiently deliver accurate, comprehensive results, allowing researchers to rapidly make decisions that move their science forward.
Opportunities for Learning
Our office is located at 44 Gaukel St. in Kitchener, part of the Waterloo Accelerator Centre program. Our team members have the opportunities to work with an array of experts in Sales, Marketing, PR, Human Resources, Finance, Design, etc, who will provide mentorship and coaching to help us succeed.
The team includes renowned experts in the field of mass spec proteomics. You will have the opportunities to learn directly from those experts to sharpen your technical skills.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Scientist – Proteomics
We are seeking an experienced and results oriented professional to take on a role as Scientist. This is a hands-on position and a significantly amount of bench time is expected.
- Develop, test and implement new methodologies to support antibody protein sequencing platform
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other R&D members in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Conduct research and method development aligned with the company goal
- Operate Mass Spectrometry (MS) and ancillary equipment
- Maintain good laboratory records
- Maintain lab space and order reagents when necessary
- Represent the company at conferences. Some travel may be required
- Other duties may be assigned
- PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology with good understanding of protein chemistry
- At least 2 years ‘hands on’ proteomics technical experience in ALL of the following:
- Protein extraction, purification and digestion
- Protein/peptide separation by liquid chromatography and electrophoresis
- Sample cleanup
- Mass spectrometer (MS) based analysis of simple and complex peptide mixtures
- Experiences in any of the following are desirable:
- Protein separation by SCX, CE and IEF
- Familiar with ThermoFisher’s Q-Exactive hardware and software
- Top down proteomics (analysis of intact proteins)
- HPLC method development
- Ability to conduct independent research work and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Do you possess these qualities? If so we want to hear from you!