Who We Are?
Rapid Novor Inc is a Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada based biotech company dedicated to developing unparalleled analytical technologies to significantly improve early stage drug research and development in the bio-pharmaceutical sector. Specializing in the field of mass spectrometry-based proteomics, the Novor team provides antibody protein sequencing solutions to researchers in pharmaceutical companies, contract research organizations and academic research institutions around the globe. We efficiently deliver accurate, comprehensive results, allowing researchers to rapidly make decisions that move their science forward.
Opportunities for Learning
Our office is located at 44 Gaukel St. in Kitchener, part of the Waterloo Accelerator Centre program. Our team members have the opportunities to work with an array of experts in Sales, Marketing, PR, Human Resources, Finance, Design, etc, who will provide mentorship and coaching to help us succeed.
The team includes renowned experts in the field of mass spec proteomics. You will have the opportunities to learn directly from those experts to sharpen your technical skills.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Junior Bioinformatics Specialist
We are seeking an attention to detail and results oriented professional to take on a role as Junior Bioinformatics Specialist.
- Conduct antibody protein sequencing from mass spectrometry data by using Rapid Novor’s industrial leading software platform. Training will be provided.
- Manage multiple sequencing project simultaneously, and constantly meeting project deadline.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Undergraduate or higher degree in biochemistry or bioinformatics related major
- Attention to details
- Strong analytical skill
- Enjoy solving puzzles
Self Qualification Questions
Answers to all the following self qualification questions MUST be submitted together with your resume.
- Have you ever solved a 1000 piece puzzle? When?
- What is the AspN digest rule?
- Calculate the accurate molecular weight (3 digits after decimal points) of the peptides obtained by a complete trypsin digest of the following sequence
- Deamidation happens the most frequently on which one amino acid?
- What is the accurate delta mass (3 digits after decimal points) caused by deamidation?
- The accurate molecular weight (3 digits after decimal points) of the following two peptides connected by a disulphide bond:
SGTASVVCLLNNFYPREAK and VYACEVTHQGLSSPVTK.