What Is It?
We have developed a protein de novo sequencing technology to determine the amino acid sequence of an unknown antibody with mass spectrometry. The technology is based on the mass spec measurement of the protein molecules, and does not require the access to the cell line. What we require is merely 0.2mg of the protein. Within three weeks, you will receive a detailed report from us, which includes the amino acid sequences of the heavy and light chains, the supporting data for the correctness of the sequence, as well as other observations we have made about the molecule.
- Antibody resurrection: Lost hybridoma? No problem. Reproduce the antibody recombinantly from 0.2mg of mAb proteins. Talk to us if you do not even have 0.2mg.
- End-to-end sequencing: Our optimized high-resolution mass spec workflow and proprietary software ensure that the whole protein is sequenced from n-term to c-term. No amino acid is left behind.
- Unparalleled accuracy: The identity of each amino acid is supported by strong signal peaks in multiple MS/MS spectra of distinct peptides.
- Wide applicability: Our technology works for all antibody types (IgG, IgA, IgM, IgY, Fab, ScFv, etc.) and species (human, mouse, rat, rabbit, hamster, etc). We have also frequently sequenced conjugated and contaminated proteins, as well antibodies with two different light chains.
- Dedication to Perfection: Our business is dedicated to mass spec protein sequencing. We have optimized our workflow and software ruthlessly to sequence even the toughest antibodies and to offer the service with the highest quality.
- See the unseen™: We frequently identify unexpected sequence variants and irregular glycosylation sites on the antibodies, which cannot be seen by DNA sequencing.
- High throughput: Our dedicated sequencing workflow allows us to take batch sequencing orders at discounted price. Talk to us whether you have only one antibody or hundreds of antibodies to sequence.
Who Are We?
We are a biotech company located at the Accelerator Centre at Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The company is dedicated in developing the next generation protein sequencing technology. The technology we are using and optimizing is originated from the founder’s many years of research at the University of Waterloo. Our team is comprised of a complementary group of highly accomplished bioinformaticians, mass spectrometry scientists and entrepreneurs. Together, we are passionate to use our advanced technology and top-notch service to speed up your antibody related discovery.
Sample Requirement and Service Guarantee
Sample: monoclonal antibody, quantity>0.2mg, purity>95%. (Talk to us if your antibody do not satisfy the requirements.)
Deliverable: A comprehensive report including the full sequences of the heavy and light chains, the supporting data for the sequence correctness, and other observations such as irregular modifications on the antibody. (See our sample report.)
Turnaround time: 15 business days after receiving the sample.
- A 30X average coverage*. That is, on average, each amino acid of the protein is covered by 30 or more distinct** overlapping peptides.
- At least 5X coverage on the CDR regions.
- Each amino acid of the variable regions is supported by strong MS/MS signals in at least 3 distinct peptides.
* We normally get >50X coverage in our sequencing projects.
** Two distinct peptides must have different sequences, modifications, charge states, or measured in different LC-MS runs. When counting the coverage depth, it is important to count only the distinct peptides because repeated scans of the same peptide in the same LC-MS run do not provide much orthogonal information.
Service and Price Enquiry
Please contact us for pricing information and to discuss your specific sequencing needs with our scientists.
How does protein sequencing work?
How our customers say about us?
Sample Coverage View
Peptide Mapping vs Antibody Sequencing